Gabi Krueger and Donna Lancaster are both friends and colleagues of many years, with a wealth of experience in facilitating groups and 1:1 work. They were also the Co-founders of The Bridge Retreat, a 6 day intensive healing programme, before it closed in 2020 during the pandemic.
A documentary was made about their work here and can be viewed via: www.loveddocumentary.com This training is the next step for them both in passing on some of the wisdom, skills, rituals and healing practices they have learned along the way.
Building Bridges will be a holistic training experience for all those interested in working with people or who are already doing so, in some capacity. It might therefore appeal to coaches, group leaders, alternative practitioners, therapists, and counsellors, although all are welcome. The programme will offer interested people the opportunity to learn a range of professional skills for working creatively with people and will be both an experiential and cognitive learning and growth experience. It will also inevitably provide a powerful personal growth and healing opportunity alongside. Participants will leave the training feeling changed on the inside, and with the essential underpinnings required for working safely and holistically with people.
Given the vast amount of possible content, this foundational training allows you to learn the essentials whist finding out if this kind of work is right for you. On completion of this foundation course, there may an opportunity should you wish to do so, to deepen your work further and participate in an in-depth training programme which will involve a commitment of up to a year.
This Foundation training will include:
- • Authentic Leadership – how to show up and courageously guide others from the truth of who you are. Leading with an open heart, learning to embody wisdom and trust your intuition. Becoming professional whilst modelling ‘imperfections’. Leading by example.
- • Group Facilitation – we will share the different styles of facilitating groups and when to use what. For Eg. When you need to ‘lead from behind’ vs ‘lead from the front’, when and how to use your authority, and the power of story telling. Energy awareness and how your energy defines every single interaction with clients.
- • Communication & Connection – how to create safety with clients, how to gain their trust and hold clear boundaries within your role. How to communicate authentically, including the powerful tools of silence and allowing. You will learn how radical truth statements offered from your heart, can unlock emotional blockages.
- • Holistic approaches to Healing – learning how to use safe loving touch, eye contact and heart alignment within the healing process. When to intervene and how. Becoming trauma informed. Exploring the resources of movement, breath and sound to support somatic release.
- • The Art of Witnessing – how to be present to another’s pain without taking it on or trying to ‘fix’. How to listen from your heart and show clients they are seen, heard and understood. The art of mirroring with both words and body. Setting up and holding a safe witnessing experience.
- • Rituals for Healing – here we share the proven power of rituals for healing. You will learn how to work with nature and set up and create powerful sacred rituals.
Prior to the in person weekends there will be an online session to connect with each other, set the scene, answer questions, clarify expectations and personal responsibility, share a reading list and offer a buddy support system.
There will then be 2 x in person training weekends led by Donna and Gabi, followed by 4 x online follow up sessions to deepen understanding and integrate the learning.
In house certification will be offered to all those who successfully complete the training programme.
This will be a small intimate group with a maximum of 20 places available.
In person weekend dates:
Saturday & Sunday 12th/ 13th & 19th/20th March 2022
Approximately: 9.30am – 5.30pm (UK) on both days
The Koorana Centre
The additional 4 online sessions to be held:
30th March 22
6th April 22
13th April 22
20th April 22
All online sessions will be held on a Wednesday evening, led by either Gabi or Donna, via Zoom between approximately 6.00pm – 8.00pm (UK times)
The full fee for this foundational training is £2,500*
You can either pay in full upon booking or alternatively pay a non refundable deposit of £500 to reserve your place, with the final balance of £2000 due by no later than 31st December 2021.
*In exceptional cases, it might be possible to pay in 5 monthly instalments of £500 between Nov 2021 – March 2022. Please check if this is a genuine need for you and if so, email to enquire about this payment option – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all travel, food, and any accommodation required for the in-person weekends, is for you to arrange and is not included in the fee.
Payment is by bank transfer (PayPal is also available on request although this may involve an additional charge).
“We are so excited to offer this training and feel that after 60 plus years of collective experience and training, it’s time to pass on some of what we have learned. We are aware that this is important work in the world and wish to pave the way for the next generation of people who feel drawn to this work and are keen to follow in our footsteps. We look forward to working with those of you who feel called to join us.”
Donna Lancaster & Gabi Krueger
Terms & Conditions
Building Bridges Training
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all people that are choosing to participate in the training programme titled ‘Building Bridges’.
Please ensure you read the following terms and conditions carefully and understand them in full.
- Payment & Refunds – To reserve your place, you can either pay in full, the sum of £2500 or alternatively pay a £500 non refundable deposit, with the final balance of £2000 to be paid by no later than 31st December 2021. Once you embark upon your training, your full payment is non refundable for the entire duration of the programme and thereafter, regardless of whether or not you complete the programme. Your place on the training is also non transferable.
- Cancellation or postponement – If for any reason we need to cancel or postpone any/all of the live events (due to ill health or covid restrictions, for example), we will rearrange dates with advance notice provided. If you do decide to withdraw from the programme for any reason and at any time, you will not be entitled to a partial or full refund.
- Liability & Disclaimer – The programme ‘Building Bridges’ is offered as a personal and professional training opportunity and does not intend to provide nor offer therapeutic, medical or other professional advice. The teachings and resources provided are made available to you as tools to support you in your practice when working with people. They do not replace any appropriate professional qualifications you might require to work with people within your chosen profession (for example, to work as a therapist). The programme facilitators/session leaders are not psychologists/psychotherapists or psychiatrists.
- Participant obligations – All participants of this training will be required to conduct themselves in a respectful and inclusive manner when communicating with other participants and programme facilitators. You are required to maintain confidentiality both during and after the training, including not sharing details about other participants to third parties. If any group member is deemed to be disruptive, inappropriate or abusive in anyway during the training programme or in the online sessions, their participation will be terminated immediately, and no refund will be provided.
Acceptance of terms and conditions – By registering and paying for to participate in this training called ‘Building Bridges’, you are confirming that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions as set out above.